Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7800 VPN - can't enable

adammarshall
Follower

Nighthawk D7800 VPN - can't enable

I am trying to enable the VPN service on my Nighthawk D7800. When I clisk the radio button to enable and then hit the "apply" button the page resets and the button is cleared. I haev installed latest firmware (1.0.1.20) and haev also used previos firmware to no avail. 

The netger DDNS service is enabled.

Bizzarely, if I uncheck the "USE DDNS" box and then try and enable the VPN service it does allow the VPN serviec box to remain checked but warns that a "DDNS service is required" (I don'tr have a static IP). If I then go and re-enable the DDNS it unchecks the VPN box and we are back to square one!

I MUST be doing something wrong!! Any help greatly appreciated!

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
rikofold
Guide

Re: Nighthawk D7800 VPN - can't enable

Hi Adam, I'm having the same issue.  If I set up as a static IP I just can't enable the tick box.  If I set up for dynamically assigned IP (the same address each time, which Plus.net my ISP seems to prefer) the router complains there's no static IP or dynamic DNS!!  Not going to use the latter for various reasons, not least that only fee-based services are on offer - but I shouldn't need one with a static IP anyway. 

Please post here if you find a solution, because it worked on my previous Nighthawk router but not this one. 

Message 2 of 6
mnspink
Aspirant

this just started happening with my Orbi router.  Exact same issue though.  Haven't figured it out.

Message 3 of 6
rikofold
Guide

Bit of an update - the latest firmware now produces a 404 error when I attempt to enable the VPN service ("400 Bad Request - This server does not support the operation requested by your client.").

I guess Netgear aren't going to bother to fix this then?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 4 of 6
rikofold
Guide

Just by way of update, installed vV1.0.1.31 and still get the 404 errors when trying to enable VPN.  Any suggestions on how to get help from Netgear on this?

Message 5 of 6
gioz
Aspirant

same problem here. d7800 vpn never worked.

never more a netgear router.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7