Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S D7800 - wireless dropping out, once it's back can't re-connect without doing a reset

Alex_AU
Follower

Nighthawk X4S D7800 - wireless dropping out, once it's back can't re-connect without doing a reset

The WiFi on my Nighthawk X4S D7800 "dies" randomly and all devices (phones, laptops, Nest Hubs, Wyze cameras etc.) go offline. However, the wired devices (desktop computers, TVs, security cameras etc.) are fine and working. I'm not using a different router for my wired devices, both wired and wireless is through Nighthawk, so it's not my internet that is dropping out.

Now for the strange part...

After a few minutes the WiFi network re-appears on my phone but does not connect automatically. Same with all the other devices, they see the SSID but can't connect. When I select my WiFi manually (on the phone) it connects and immediately disconnects, then it connects again and immediately disconnects and so on. So the phone sees the WiFi network and tries to connect but it's as if it gets rejected. Looking at the router, the wireless LED is white and the 2.4GHz led is white, meaning all good and the WiFi is up and running(?)

The only way to fix this is to press the WiFi on/off button on the router, turn the WiFi off for a few seconds and then turn it back on. After that the Wifi and 2.4GHz LEDs are white again (same as before) but all devices are able to automatically re-connect.

This is super annoying as it happens randomly, usually once a day at the "worst' time possible (meaning when I'm not home and can't reset it). That leaves me without remote access to my security cameras when not home or drops my baby monitors in the middle of the night.

I am on the latest firmware 1.0.1.68.  Anyone else experienced something like this  and know how to fix it?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 - wireless dropping out, once it's back can't re-connect without doing a res

I've seen a couple reports of issues on the firmware with it. I'd try downgrading a few versions and see if it helps. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7