Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow internet -Centurylink with a DM111PSP v2

iflypigs
Aspirant

Slow internet -Centurylink with a DM111PSP v2

I have been using this modem for about 2 years with no problem.  Recently, my connection got extremely slow.  Doing an internet speedtest it is showing 0.2mbps download (10mbps account).  This test was consistent on all devices connected to my network.  I had a Centurylink Tech come out and test the line.  He said it showed 11000 kbps.  When I log into the modem and go to the router status page is shows "download connection speed = 11768 Kbps"  I have plugged my computer directly into the modem, bypassing the wireless router and all switches and still get a speedtest of 0.2mbps.

I am running the most current firmware version.

What are some of the most likely causes for this problem.  Would doing  a ping test or traceroute help to see the problem? (What would I look for?) Does this sound more like being a modem issue or Centurylink network issue?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Traceroute attached.

Message 1 of 3
iflypigs
Aspirant

Re: Slow internet -Centurylink with a DM111PSP v2

Nevermind. My neighbor a street away has the same issue.  It has to be a network problem.

Message 2 of 3
mcrimm
Aspirant

Re: Slow internet -Centurylink with a DM111PSP v2

Outside of Kalispell Montana I have the same issue. The tech told me my modem was bad as he showed a full 11,000 at the modem. I bought a used modem identical to my original and after running setup, Speedtest showed the same 0.2 download. I think Centurytel changed something making my modem unusable. Maybe a commie plot to force me into renting one from them. Not unlike them. 

Thoughts?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7