Am I the only one?

mtmanca
Aspirant

Am I the only one?

I have spent 4 hours of the last 24 on the line with Netgear support, and here is what I have learned...

• Parental Controls will not work on my routers.
  • I cannot schedule my guest network to be available/unavailable automatically (without bringing down my internal network as well).
  • Since I am apparently the only person who needs these things to work on my routers, Netgear cannot submit requests to their engineering/product division to solve these issues. 

So, Netgear Community, I ask you: Am I the only one who wants to schedule a guest network to be available or unavailable according to a pre-set schedule? Am I the only one who wants Parental Controls to function as advertised? If not, please respond to this thread, and let your voice be heard.

FYI, I have 2 R6300v2 wireless routers, which I purchased after returning my 2 Nighthawk routers, since only the R6300v2 models support a Facebook wifi feature. This is also pretty glitchy, but what can you do. 

Thank you,

Charles Woodman

Business Owner

JJ's Cafe, Old Station, CA

Pure Country Biscuits, Redding, CA

Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Am I the only one?

Hi @mtmanca,

We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. I would like to respond to your inquiries.

• May I know what part of LPC (Live Parental Controls) is not working?
  • As it stands, scheduling for guest wireless network is not yet supported on your NETGEAR router.
  • I will send an inquiry to engineering regarding the requested feature and provide an update on this thread

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
mtmanca
Aspirant

None of lpc works because I can't get past the DNS login step. But it turns out that wouldn't help anyway. I look forward to your update regarding the guest network scheduling feature.
Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mtmanca,

The issue with OpenDNS should be fixed now. You should be able to log in to your OpenDNS account using the NETGEAR Genie program. As for the scheduling for the guest network, I will not be able to provide an ETA for that.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements