Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6400 firmware issues beyond version V1.0.0.78_1.0.78

moreilly
Follower

D6400 firmware issues beyond version V1.0.0.78_1.0.78

I've tried firmware versions from 80 to 86 on my D6400 and I see the same issues which don't seem to have been resolved.

1) The router become unresponsive and stops allocating or renewing IP address leases over DHCP.

I manually allocate an IP address to my laptop but the routers login page is not accessable.

So my wifi network basically goes down until I reboot the router.

This usually re-occurs within 24 hours of power on.

My fix has been to revert back to the last "good" firmware release of version 78. But that means there are open security defects that I'd prefer to close.

2) This router along with a number of other netgear products seem to have a bug where wireless isolation becomes enabled, blocking communication between devices connected wirlessly with those attached to the ethernet ports.

However, the only wifi isolation setting is under the Guest Network settings, there's nothing under the "regular" wifi network configuration options.

I have my 6400 connected via ethernet to a switch with ethernet going to ports around my house. I also have a D6200 working as a wireless AP (DHCP etc all turned off, with the 6400 set as the default gateway, DNS server etc)

It has an almost identical UI, but the wirless setup section does have a wireless isolation option.   

I know this is an old router, but it's still getting firmware updates. Is it possible to open a bug report with the fw development team?

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router?802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D6400 firmware issues beyond version V1.0.0.78_1.0.78

Hi @moreilly, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7