HTTPS for remote access

jpgoldberg
Follower

HTTPS for remote access

It appears that the current (V1.0.0.88_9.1.77) firmware version does not support remote admin via HTTPS. I really don't like the idea of sending my password over HTTP to administer my WNDR4000 remotely.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get HTTPS support or if this is a feature that is "coming soon"?

I really don't want to deal with flashing dd-wrt on this. I'm trying to keep my life simple. But this might be the thing that tips me over to doing that.

I was willing to put up with the fact that I can't set a separate subnet for the "Guest" network, the non-guest wifi, and ether. And I was willing to put up with dyndns.org as the only dynamic DNS service supported. But remote admin over HTTP only seems harder to work around or accept.

Cheers,

-j
Message 1 of 3
tagin
Aspirant

Re: HTTPS for remote access

I'm of the same mind as you. Its a ridiculous omission by Netgear to not allow HTTPS for admin access (local and remote).
Message 2 of 3
marauder
Aspirant

Re: HTTPS for remote access

remote i can agree with, local it's not an issue as you are behind the firewall. as far as a work around i use logmein and remote into my server when i need to do any changes when i'm outside the house. this is only an option though if you leave a machine running all the time.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E