Losing Wifi on R6100

artymis
Follower

Losing Wifi on R6100

Hello,

This is my first post here, been having an issue with my Wi-Fi constantly going out. I have my Netgear RT6100 router hooked into my main computer and I never lose connection on that (I am with TWC internet). However, my wireless devices are constantly dropping. Sometimes it may take 4-5 hours other times just a few minutes and the only way to get it back is to either reset the router or I can go into my settings on the router and just click on apply and it pops back on.

I have changed all the channels, I mainly run on 1,6 or 11, but have tried others too. I have ran insidder and it shows that there are 17 other networks in my area. Also, I am on channel 1 currently with a -36dBm signal, but there are 2 overlapping. I change my channels and still get overlap.

Not for sure what to do at this point to try to fix this, Time Warner has been no help.

Thank you
Phil
Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Losing Wifi on R6100

Since apply fixes the problem I would replace it.

You could try re-flash FW and hard reset....... it might work.
Message 2 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I have changed all the channels, I mainly run on 1,6 or 11, but have tried others too. I have ran insidder and it shows that there are 17 other networks in my area. Also, I am on channel 1 currently with a -36dBm signal, but there are 2 overlapping. I change my channels and still get overlap.

You may have some channel interference happens here and there could be an issues when you have 17SSID near you
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 4
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

802.11 networks are designed to cooperate using CSMA/CA protocols; I have 26 networks nearby and don’t suffer significant problems. The most common issue that you might encounter with nearby networks is contention, where basically there isn’t enough ‘air time’ for all devices to transmit data as quickly as possible; this typically appears as a reduction in throughput, but not necessarily lost/dropped connections.

If there was true interference with other network devices, and this is possible even with just one other network operating (see hidden or deaf node), then this should be detectable and logged as lost data packets in the router statistics page.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements