PPPoA keeps dropping

Drip_LeBuk
Follower

PPPoA keeps dropping

My DGND3700v1 (144UKS-002, 22APR11) has been stable since new, but has recently begun dropping the PPPoA session and despite having the Connection Mode set to ‘Always On’ the device is not automatically re-establishing the connection. Connection can be lost 2-3 times in a day, or go a few days without failing. The DSL connection remains active throughout (except of course when we switch it off and on to reconnect) and my UK ISP (TalkTalk via dslconnect.co.uk) insists there are no faults on the line. My device has lived its life attached to a mains (not line) surge protector.

Is this likely to be a hardware component fault within the device, a line fault, a splitter issue, a problem at the exchange, or what?

Firmware v1.0.0.17_1.0.17
Message 1 of 2
theTechman05
Aspirant

Re: PPPoA keeps dropping

Check your router stats and maybe see if they are not as good as they should be. Has the line been replaced since dsl has been put in?

Have you factory defaulted your router after you flashed your router. FYI back up your config just for safe keeping as that will do as factory default intends for the firmware you have on the device.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E