WNDR 3300 Drops VPN traffic after 1 hour

pbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

WNDR 3300 Drops VPN traffic after 1 hour

I Work from home and lately I keep getting traffic stopping after of 1 hour of being connected to my cisco anyconnect.  I know its my router, becuase as of now I have to connect directly to my modem and it works fine, all day no dropoff or stopping of traffic.  But while connected to the router, traffic stops i get a new Token from mobile pass, and stop my cisco anyconnect and reconnect, everything will be fine again... for 1 hour, then it stops all traffic until I renew my token another time.  Ive opened several ports, and I'm a big gamer and never have problems with gaming.  Only through this VPN.  Not sure what else to do, my family is ready to kill me for taking the internet in the house.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
doraemon
Prodigy

Re: WNDR 3300 Drops VPN traffic after 1 hour

@pbs i wonder if MTU will help. 

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 6
pbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have adjusted the MTU, currently its running at 1440, but that didn't help much.

Message 3 of 6
doraemon
Prodigy

are you on dsl or cable connection? also, try qos. leave the mtu back to default if it didn't help then try qos. 

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 6
pbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running Cable internet from Charter, 60MBPS

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @pbs,

Check this page on how to determine what MTU is best for the router. By the way, are you running wired or wireless connection? Did you set QoS? If you happen to be on wired connection, try to use Ethernet LAN port under Priority Category.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements