Re: WNDR3400 5ghz Blue Light

Chandler
Aspirant

WNDR3400 5ghz Blue Light

Is there some way to disable this light but keep the 5ghz connection on? So far I have only been able to disable the light by disabling the 5ghz radio.

Whenever I try to go to sleep I feel like I should bump up the techno and bring out my glow sticks...
Message 1 of 13
NetGearUser84
Aspirant

I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure I didn't see anything last time I was in the settings. Try a piece of duct tape ? LoL
http://www.TheExoticFish.com
Message 2 of 13
Chandler
Aspirant

Hah, I've thought about that option, but it feels wrong duct taping a new device I bought a week ago. I'm wondering if it is possible to actually open the device and unplug the cable for the LEDs? I'd rather know if that is a possibility before going in there myself.
Message 3 of 13
NetGearUser84
Aspirant

I'm sure that you could do that. The LEDs should have no effect on the router itself.

Between the WNDR3400, Vonage Router and SB6120 my "entertainment" room looks like a club once it gets dark.
http://www.TheExoticFish.com
Message 4 of 13
rdjr74
Aspirant

I just installed this last night and I could swear I read to tap it once to just turn the light off....
Message 5 of 13
rdjr74
Aspirant

Yes confirmed, just tap it and it will go bye bye. Just don't hold it in for more then 5 seconds, it will enable wsp (Wireless Session Protocol).
Message 6 of 13
frogman7
Aspirant

tap once for me just makes it flash. :confused:
Message 7 of 13
lunarhound
Novice

I think you have to push and hold for a couple three seconds. Then if you want it back on, do the same thing.
Message 8 of 13
K_Mack
Aspirant

Tapping the blue dome light no longer works for me to turn the ridiculously bright blue LEDs off. When I first got the router tapping the blue dome once did turn the lights on and off. However, after a firmware update tapping the blue dome, either once quickly or holding it for 2-3 seconds simply puts the router in WPS discovery mode and the blue dome light blinks for 2 minutes.

Any ideas on how to turn off the night signal for the Tick?
Message 9 of 13
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

After firmware flashing has changed the dome light on/off after you done HARD RESET the router and still the same. Revert the firmware and if that fixes the issues then CONTACT support for bug report using portal at my.netgear.com
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 10 of 13
knetgere
Aspirant

Updating the firmware for the WNDR3400v1 from version 1.0.0.38 to 1.0.0.50 (including a hard reset as mentioned by jmizoguchi) removes the ability to tap the dome to turn off the antenna LEDs. Reverting to version 1.0.0.38 restores this capability. I've opened a support case FWIW.
Message 11 of 13
tmas
Aspirant

Any update? I updated the firmware to fix WiFi issues (dropping connections) and now I have the annoying blue light in my bedroom. It's covered with post-it notes right now, but a more permenant solution would be nice.

Thanks.
Message 12 of 13
sabretooth
Apprentice

It will not be fixed at the V1 router is discontinued. Just cover it up.
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements