• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

WNDR3800 Blocking Certain Websites

Why is my WNDR3800 blocking all websites that have an IP address beginning with a 5.xxx.xxx.xxx?

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: WNDR3800 Blocking Certain Websites

If you did not enable the block sites and block services and LPC please check your modem. Connect your computer directly to the modem and check the connection.
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have not enabled any site blocking or services blocking in the WND3800. I have bypassed the router completely, and when connected directly to my modem, I have complete access to sites that have IP addresses beginning with a 5. Reconnect the Netgear, and I lose access to those sites. This problem began around a year ago. I purchased the router new, and these sites used to work. Then one day about a year ago, access was blocked. NOTHING in the router had been changed since the last time I was able to access those sites. I'm about to take this Netgear piece of GARBAGE to the range and give it a .223 "tune" it up. Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Novice

Have you tried by resetting your router? Do a soft reset(genie>advance>administration>backup settings>Erase) and reconfigure the router. Then try to access those websites. Otherwise you can try assigning global dns 4.2.2.2(Primary DNS) and google dns 8.8.8.8(alternate dns) to the router.
Technologies make work easier

Nazrul Haque
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

7thAngel, if your ISP is a cable service you could try changing the router MAC address, this will normally lead to a change of your Public IP and this often resolves the kind of issue you see. In the router WAN settings change the router MAC address option, from ‘Default’ to ‘Use Computer MAC Address’, it will be necessary to power cycle the modem after making that change to the router MAC.
Highlighted
Aspirant

Babylon5,

Thank you for your reply. I gave up on the WND3800 and replaced it with a Linksys WRT1900AC. Problem is solved. I appreciate your assistance, and hopefully your solution will help others who are experiencing the same issue.
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Fair enough, thanks for the update.