WNDR4300 2.4Ghz antenna turns off after a few days but 5Ghz antenna keeps working

oaknuts
Tutor

WNDR4300 2.4Ghz antenna turns off after a few days but 5Ghz antenna keeps working

I have this strange issue with my WNDR4300 wifi router.

I have some users using the 2.4Ghz antenna and some other users using the 5Ghz antenna (reason is limitation of the wireless device some are using that don't support 5Ghz). Both types of devices have been using the Wifi fine for the past year until recently when I upgraded the Netgear router firmware to V1.0.2.104 and ever since then every few days (3-4) the 2.4Ghz antenna just stops working, stops broadcasting it's SSID, and the users can connect or see the wifi SSID. Those using the 5Ghz antenna have no problem - works solid.

Only solution so far has been to simply reboot the WNDR4300 and everything is great again. The duration of time is not consistent - somethimes it's for 7 days, sometimes 3 days.

Has anyone else in this dual antenna configuration seen this problem after upgrading to V1.0.2.104?

Model: WNDR4300|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
sunny2645
Initiate

Re: WNDR4300 2.4Ghz antenna turns off after a few days but 5Ghz antenna keeps working

I am having the same issue. 2.4Ghz network just stops working. 

Message 2 of 3
oaknuts
Tutor

Re: WNDR4300 2.4Ghz antenna turns off after a few days but 5Ghz antenna keeps working

I have not found a fix but the best I can see is that every time Facetime is used on an iPhone my 2.4Ghz antenna stops working but 5Ghz is still fine. Have to reboot everytime to get 2.4Ghz back, but then Facetime and it dies again.

Firmware V1.0.2.104 cannot handle iPhones doing Facetime over 2.4Ghz (they're fine on 5Ghz radio).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements