Re: WNR2000v3 1.1.2.2 Firmware

acutsumbis
Follower

WNR2000v3 1.1.2.2 Firmware

Logged into my admin interface and saw there was a new firmware, did an update from 1.1.1.72, now at 1.1.2.2. However, support website and nothing on the web can tell me what the changes are, or what the bug fixes were.

Any information on what I just upgraded to would be nice.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
Beeej
Aspirant

The notes alone are not posted anywhere I could find on the site.

However, if you take the redundant step of downloading the firmware from the NetGear support site yourself, it includes a release note html file which is as follows below. Hopefully I just missed where the release notes where posted, otherwise this is a really annoying way to have to get them since the router can update itself.

WNR2000v3 Release Firmware Version 1.1.2.2

Note: Do not upgrade the firmware using a wireless connection. Please perform firmware upgrade with "wired" or Ethernet connection only.

New Features and Bug Fixes

Solve security issue that no username and password is needed at router's web GUI after upgrading from V1.0.1.26 to V1.1.1.58.

To Install

Note: Do not upgrade the firmware using a wireless connection. Please perform firmware upgrade with "wired" or Ethernet connection only.

Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to reenter them manually.
Download using the button below to a convenient place such as your desktop.
Log in to the router using a Web broswer. The URL is http://192.168.1.1 ( if you did not change the router's IP address ).
Click Maintenance > Router Upgrade
Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step.
Important Note: The upgrade process is completed when the on screen progress bar completes. If power LED light turns amber and blinking, power cycle the router to complete the upgrade.

Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate.

This product includes software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public License ("GPL") or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). As applicable, the terms of the GPL and LGPL, and information on obtaining access to the GPL Code and LGPL Code used in this product, are available to you at NETGEAR's Open Source Code Web page. The GPL Code and LGPL Code used in this product is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY and is subject to the copyrights of one or more authors. For details, see the GPL Code and LGPL Code for this product and the terms of the GPL and LGPL.
Message 2 of 4
Anglo
Aspirant

That's the same changelist as the previous update. I wonder what else was changed?

NR2000v3 Release Firmware Version 1.1.1.72

Note: Do not upgrade the firmware using a wireless connection. Please perform firmware upgrade with “wired” or Ethernet connection only.

New Features and Bug Fixes

Solve security issue that no username and password is needed at router’s web GUI after upgrading from V1.0.1.26 to V1.1.1.58.
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

In order to find fixes notes, ask support at my.netgear.com

Some firmware list notes but that is not all the way across with all the models.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation