WNR3500 as access point

MasterBrian
Aspirant

WNR3500 as access point

I have had my WNR3500 set up as an access point, connected to my Netgear FVS318G VPN Router, for about 2yrs now and it's been working great. Today, I decided to move the WNR3500 from the basement to a closet on the main floor. I had changed the IP address to 192.168.150.2, when I originally changed it to an access point.

For some reason after the move, my cell phone still sees it and connects to it if I plug the cat5 cable from the VPN router into this router in one of the orange ports #'d 1-4, but not if I plug into the yellow eithernet port. I forgot to pay attention to how it was wired before, but I believe it was wired only using the orange ports to use as an access point before. Problem is now I can't connect to it via a browser by typing in it's IP address. I can't even get a ping to it to go through.

Any clue as to what has happened? What port is the correct port to plug the cable from the VPN router into?

Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WNR3500 as access point

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965

this how should look like
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 6
MasterBrian
Aspirant

That's pretty much how it looks. I can't figure out why it won't work correctly. It doesn't show an internet connection on the router, yet, I have my android based phone setup to act as an extension of our Asterisk based SIP phone system and it works great. The phone system is at the main office and I'm at home, connected via a VPN. So for the cell phone to work as an extension, the wireless router/access point has to be talking with the VPN router, the internet and the office.....

I'll try plugging another computer into the wireless router at it's current location to see if I can access the browser page that way.
Message 3 of 6
MasterBrian
Aspirant

Ok, tried a pc hooked to the wnr3500 directly and it connected to vpn and i.ternet with no problem. It would not however login to wnr browser page. It wouldn't even do it unhooked from rest of network. I even tried tbe address suggezted, in the link you pro ided. Any ideas why the browser page is gone?
Message 4 of 6
MasterBrian
Aspirant

I ended up having to reset the unit back to factory and starting from scratch to get it to work. I had a backup, but unfortuneatly must have changed passwords so I couldn't get in..... Smiley Sad Oh well, back up and going now. Wonder what happened. Like I said, it was working, I just couldn't access the browser so I could make changes, etc.!
Message 5 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

hard to day... bottom line is got it working Smiley Happy
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 6