WNR3500L All lights good but internet after power outage

aeharrelson
Novice

WNR3500L All lights good but internet after power outage

Hey everybody, I'm sorry if this is a commonly known glitch here but I haven't been able to find it by searching.

I've been through 2 3500L's (thank God for Amazon return policy).
Each time the router is working great until we have a short power outage and then I get no internet. All lights are as they should be Except the internet light, which stays amber. I've tried every remedy in the manual, but nada.

Love the router, it screams, I get wireless coverage just as fast as my wired internet around the house and I'd love to be able to fix this instead of returning it again. What can I do? I'm afraid of buying another model Netgear router only to have this garbage happen again.

What am I missing? Can anyone help out here?
Thanks in advance if you can help
Tony
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WNR3500L All lights good but internet after power outage

invest on APC backup UPS.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 6
aeharrelson
Novice

The router was on a surge suppressor. If you don't care to give me a complete answer (why I don't know) can someone else answer my question?

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Like I wrote above, all the lights and the local network is operating fine. It's just the internet. There must be something. Would Netgear make products that are useless after a simple power outage?

I thought this would be the place for answers as this forum is touted in Netgear ads to get people to buy the product.
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If you are using same surge protector then replace it if two got damaged. It is rule of thumb to replace it

To prolong device, using APC Backup UPS will keep the unit run when power outage happens and less wear on unit

Invest on APC Backup UPS
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 6
LCesari
Aspirant

I have to say I've had EXACTLY the same problem. Every time the power goes out the internet light on the router stays amber. I don't think it has anything to do with the serge protector, as every other device on the strip is fine, including the cable model, PlayStation, TV, etc. I have "fixed" it in the past, but it was huge headache, and I have no idea of how I made it work.

We turned our power off again last night to do some wiring, and now the router's once again displaying a solid amber for internet connectivity that I can't get rid of. AHHH!!!
Message 5 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

With cable modem services proper power cycle is required use backup ups to minimize the issue
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements