Wired cameras keep going offline but not wireless cameras

LA23
Aspirant

Wired cameras keep going offline but not wireless cameras

The wired Foscam cameras keep going offline but not wireless Foscam and D-Link cameras.  It's very strange since you would think wired connection should be more stable and reliablle than wireless connection.  After updating Netgear R6300 v2 router to firmware version V1.0.3.30, both wired and wireless cameras stopped going offline!

Unfortunately the wired offline cameras came back after setting up Securifi Almond 2015 as an access point (using same WIFI name and password) as Netgear R6300 and adding D-Link camera wirelessly.  Deleted the D-Link camera and unplugged AP but wired cameras still keep going offline.  The wireless cameras have remained connected during the entire time.  Any idea what's wrong?

I would love to update firmware again since that solved the offline problem but I don't know how I can update firmware V1.0.3.30 again on R6300 v2.  Thank you very much for your inputs and suggestions.

Message 1 of 4
netwrks
Master

Re: Wired cameras keep going offline but not wireless cameras

Did you reset the R6300 to factory default, after the firmware upgrade? If not, you should.

Message 2 of 4
LA23
Aspirant

Oh I didn't. I was thinking that would erase all the port forwarding so I didn't. I will try resetting. Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
LA23
Aspirant

Actually thanks for your suggestion netwrks but I have too many cameras in out of reach places and other devices configured on router that it would take days for me to re-configure. Alas I don't have time right now for that.

Any other suggestions?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E