× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless distribution system

Habibulalam
Tutor

Wireless distribution system

netgear R6220 ac1200 router are support Wireless distribution system(WDS) or not, if it support WDS, how to set-up 

My New router is netgear R6220 ac1200 and old router is Tenda F303, so how to set wireless bridge between them.

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Habibulalam
Tutor

Re: Wireless distribution system

Thanks for your great respose. May i get details WAN Medium. Also how to disable the firewall/NAT functions on the Tenda. I want to just connect both router "Netgear R6220" and "Tenda F303" without any wire by how any how. i'll be grateful to you if you will help to me by instructing to connect both router.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

What does the Manual say?

Message 2 of 6
Habibulalam
Tutor

I want to connect Tenda F303 with Netgear R6220 wirlessly. how to connect them without wire?
Message 3 of 6
TheEther
Guru

I'm pretty sure the R6220 does not support WDS.  Even if it did, you wouldn't want to use it because WDS support on Netgear routers is very poor.

It looks like you can set the WAN Medium Type to wireless on the Tenda.  This will allow you to connect to the R6220's Wi-Fi network.  The only downside is that the Tenda will behave as a router, not as a bridge.  Unless you can disable the firewall/NAT functions on the Tenda, devices connected to the R6220 won't be able to communicate with devices connected to the Tenda.

Message 4 of 6
Habibulalam
Tutor

Thanks for your great respose. May i get details WAN Medium. Also how to disable the firewall/NAT functions on the Tenda. I want to just connect both router "Netgear R6220" and "Tenda F303" without any wire by how any how. i'll be grateful to you if you will help to me by instructing to connect both router.

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
TheEther
Guru

I suggest that you look online for the Tenda manual. Alternatively, just look around on the router. It shouldn't take you too long to find the appropriate settings.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7