Occasional Contributor

Good Wireless Adapter For WNDR4500

What are some good wireless adapters that take advantage of the N900 performance. I have a Dell Desktop and can use either a USB or PCI card adapter. I sort of prefer a card since I have damaged USB adapters in the past by accidentally hitting them but will try a good USB one. I would prefer the cost be under $100.
N/A

Re: Good Wireless Adapter For WNDR4500

I have seen two at Best Buy, but the only one I remember is the Belkin and it was around $60-70. It was USB with what appeared to be a flip up antenna assembly. It was a three-antenna 450 mbs device. Like you, I am hard on USB devices just through normal use and prefer PC Card, but I have not seen any new PC Card formats for a while. I disabled the on-board wireless in my Dell laptop and installed an Intel 5300 AGN (Full-Mini). I installed an additional antenna in the bottom of the case with the antenna oriented toward the very rear of the case. It pull 450 with no problem.
N/A

An N900 adapter, WNDA4100, will be available soon. http://www.netgear.com/home/products/wireless-adapters/ultimate-wireless-adapters/WNDA4100.aspx

Can't wait to use it with my new WNDR4500 which will be here shortly.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for info on the 4100. I'll wait for it. It seems like router development is way ahead of adapter development. It seems like very few laptops are offered with adapters like the 4100.
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Top Contributors