Initial Contributor

Live Parental Controls ?

I have had this modem for almost two weeks. So far, pretty impressed. Rock solid connections, great speed, wireless is great. Less impressive is the very slow speed of the USB scanning and media serving, but that is low priority stuff for me - I have many better tools for this.

The one issue I have been having is that the modem will not engage LPC filtering on start up. I have to go into the management utility on the desktop and disable the filter (which it always tells me is engaged), then re-enable it. Once I do this, filtering kicks in.

As a long time OpenDNS user I was happy to have the LPC functionality built into the modem, instead of having a desktop utility keeping OpenDNS up on who I now was was, or having dynamic DNS chains trying to do it for me. The 3700 was going to make it so simple.

So far, not so much.

Has anyone got LPC working as advertised out of the box ?
N/A

Re: Live Parental Controls ?

Mine seems to be doing the same :mad: did you get yours fixed?
N/A

Netgear told me to try disabling upnp but this did not help.
N/A

Netgear are now telling me the dvice is faulty and to RMA it. I would have thought is was just buggy firmware rather than a hardware fault.

Please can somebody else see if they can duplicate this behaviour to see if my device is in fact faulty or its a common issue before I go through the RMA process?

Sign up for an opendns account and d/l the netgear management utility and enable it. Configure your setting to block and test working, then re-boot the router to see if is still blocking.
N/A

Please? It would be a great help. Thank you very much.
N/A

Can someone please do this simple experiment and let me know the results?

Netgear say I am an isolated case, apart from the person who started this thread of course. I would like to prove this wrong or right.
N/A

right looks like I will just have to swap it.
N/A

Gunslinger has confirmed that he was advised to replace his also and the replacement did exactly the same. I can therefore only assume that all DGND3700's currently have defective parental controls. Its a great adsl router other wise though.
N/A

Right might be getting somewhere, support have advised that there is a problem with the netgear opendns servers which is causing setttings not to be saved which they are trying to fix now.
Regular Contributor

Just another bug to add to the pile for the next firmware... wish they'd hurry up and get it released already... I want my IPv6 Smiley Happy
Discussion Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Top Contributors