Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Activation of extender

Susiesundberg
Follower

Activation of extender

I purchased the Netgear extender WH3000 RP in 2014. I was able to activate it and it worked very well. On Oct 4 2022 I had a new internet installed ATT Fiber Optics. The extender disconnected and I don’t know why it won’t connect I’ve tried a lot. I tried using the Netgear app and it doesn’t work at all. How do I get it to work again 

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Activation of extender

Did you set it up using the push button WPS option? 

If so, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.

To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 3

Re: Activation of extender

@Susiesundberg wrote:

I purchased the Netgear extender WH3000 RP in 2014. I was able to activate it and it worked very well. On Oct 4 2022 I had a new internet installed ATT Fiber Optics.

What router are you connecting to?

Your new service may use an Optical Network Terminator (ONT) rather than a modem.

Most ONTs are "dumb", with no router features.

What sits between your WN3000RP and the outside world?

By the way, don't expect much from your extender. It dates back to 2011. It has not 5 GHz internet and has a single "fast" Ethernet port. For fast, read slow, as in 100 Mbps rather than the 1000Mbps of newer devices.

The extender dates back to the era of ADSL internet and will be a major bottleneck in a fibre-optic network.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7