Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No support for Windows

viclark
Aspirant

No support for Windows

Old PC runs Netgear Login and Genie Win 10 but new Win 11 does not.

No DownLoad on Netgear for Window so no support,  this is my forth Netgear router in over 30 years.  Definately my last.  NO Support. Only DUMB ROBOTS

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: No support for Windows

@viclark wrote:

What is it that doesn't run on your Windows 11 PC?

Routers do not care about the operating system used on the devices that you connect to them. You just need a browser that works on the PC.

If you have problems logging into the router's with a web browser and the graphical user interface (GUI) then that has nothing to do with Windows 11.

I have two Windows 11 PCs on them and have thrown them at a raft of different Netgear routers. They all work just fine.

There is nothing you need to download to get a PC to work. The downloads are there for firmware updates. Just use a browser and follow the instructions

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You mention the "Genie". This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are do you mean?

If it is the desktop genie, it is still there, and it works just fine in Windows 11.

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Be warned that the genie installation file is wrapped up in a RAR archive that you have to decompress.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: No support for Windows

@viclark wrote:

What is it that doesn't run on your Windows 11 PC?

Routers do not care about the operating system used on the devices that you connect to them. You just need a browser that works on the PC.

If you have problems logging into the router's with a web browser and the graphical user interface (GUI) then that has nothing to do with Windows 11.

I have two Windows 11 PCs on them and have thrown them at a raft of different Netgear routers. They all work just fine.

There is nothing you need to download to get a PC to work. The downloads are there for firmware updates. Just use a browser and follow the instructions

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You mention the "Genie". This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are do you mean?

If it is the desktop genie, it is still there, and it works just fine in Windows 11.

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Be warned that the genie installation file is wrapped up in a RAR archive that you have to decompress.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7