Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

no ethernet

mactwolf
Aspirant

no ethernet

I have an r8000p that works for Wi-Fi and draws internet from the modem fine. But the wired Ethernet cord to my computer does not work. If I connect directly from the modem the computer stays online. If I connect through the router I'm knocked off line.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mactwolf
Aspirant

Re: no ethernet

Turns out the problem all stemmed from the netgear modem being plugged into a surge protector as opposed to directly in the wall.
It too 6 techs to figure this out and was probably the problem I was having with xfinity hadware as well before the switch. Always the simplest answer.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Completely unrelated to the Genie App/program forum section. Please head over to the Nighthawk WiFi-Routers area, and provide more details like firmware version, does the Ethernet link come up, tried different cables, does the system get a network config from the router DHCP, configured, have access control in place potentially block all new devices from connecting, ...?

Message 2 of 4
mactwolf
Aspirant

Turns out the problem all stemmed from the netgear modem being plugged into a surge protector as opposed to directly in the wall.
It too 6 techs to figure this out and was probably the problem I was having with xfinity hadware as well before the switch. Always the simplest answer.
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Surge protector - in the AC power, or in the Ethernet cable installation?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7