Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR200 losing connection and settings. Model drop down list wasn't showing the BR200 as a sele...

BR200 losing connection and settings. Model drop down list wasn't showing the BR200 as a selection

Having connection issues with a newly installed BR200. It stayed connected for about 4 hours. It is my Firewall between my Century Link T1 Adtran router and my server. All of our employees RDP into the server so obvouly it is important it says connected. I had configured the BR200 about 2 weeks ago and accessed and reviewed the settings  a week ago so I know it saved the settings from the first time I configured it, When it wouldnt connect I logged on through the web GUI and found that it had lost all of the settings including the password. I then uploaded a saved conig file and put it into service yesterday. Should I be asking for a warranty replacement ?

The drop down for model selection wasnt showing the BR200

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: BR200 losing connection and settings. Model drop down list wasn't showing the BR200 as a sele...

@GrayHairCoder,

It is strange that all configured settings are suddenly lost by the BR200 itself.  After you have uploaded your save config file, does same problem happened again? 

Was there a power outage that occurred where the BR200 is deployed? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4

The BR 200 was not plugged in after the orginal configuration was saved. But all the other Netgear Firewall Router keep their configurations setting  through power cycles and unpugged not in use. So the BR 200 losing the configurations after being powerd shoudnt be an issue as most of these device use the same technology as a flash drive as it stores it's configuration data on internal non-volatile memory.

Still a mystery so back to orginal question, should I be asking for a warrenty repacment?

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@GrayHairCoder,

As far as I have checked, there is no issue on the BR200 wherein the configured setting will be erased by itself.  Here are the steps I sguggest:

1. Reflash the firmware of the BR200.  Kindly upload the latest firmware which is v5.10.0.4 to the BR200.  You can download it here.

2. Perform a factory reset after reflashing the firmware.

3. Reconfigure the setting from scratch then save a backup of it.

Still a mystery so back to orginal question, should I be asking for a warrenty repacment?

If you have already performed the steps I suggested above and still the setting are erased by the BR200 itself, kindly open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here as soon as possible for replacement. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements