Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVX538 v2 - Looking for new replacement

Dookie_Brown
Aspirant

FVX538 v2 - Looking for new replacement

I manage a small biz router FVX538 v2.

We are looking to upgrade. What I am looking for is a replacement router that has the same features/capabilities as our current FVX538 v2.

Can someone point me to the newer model? I do not need wireless and it is prefered that wireless NOT be a feature. 🐵

Model: FVX538|ProSafe High-Performance VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: FVX538 v2 - Looking for new replacement

@JohnC_V What about the Insight BR500 router?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Dookie_Brown,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Unfortunately, NETGEAR has stopped producing firewalls. We still don't have any update if it will be continued.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@JohnC_V What about the Insight BR500 router?

Message 3 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@schumaku,

Yeah, you're right about that. It is a new VPN router, but it is not a newer model of FVX538v2. @Dookie_Brown you can try to give a look on the new Insight BR500 router.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
Dookie_Brown
Aspirant

OK, so I will look at the BR500.

One of the firewall features we need is the ability to granularly open SMTP ports to the WAN/Internet but only ALLOW it to talk to a specific IP on the internet on said SMTP ports.

We don't want the SMTP ports open to the inet world, just one mail server on the internet.

Also need the dual WAN ports to donfigure failover/take over if a WAN connection goes dead.

Message 5 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Dookie_Brown,

Yes, you can open SMTP port to the WAN and communicate it with your specific mail server. Unfortunately, it has only 1 WAN port and we cannot configure fail-over for this router.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements