Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firewall Port Forwarding to access DVR camera - SRX5308

juanma2
Follower

Firewall Port Forwarding to access DVR camera - SRX5308

Hello,

I am trying to set up my SRX5308 to access a DVR camera from internet.

I have the following layout:

Modem

|

Firewall SRX5308

|

Wireless Router

|

Camera

I need to open two ports to access the camera. I have done it in the wireless router and in the SRX5308, using an online web checker. If I connect the wireless router directly to the mode, both ports are opened and the camera works. Having the SRX5308 between the modem and the router the ports are closed and the camera doesn´t work.

In the SRX5308 I have created four Services, (one with TCP and one with UDP for each one of the two ports). With the same port as start port and finish port.

Then in the inbound services part of the “firewall” option I have added the previous four. With the filter “allow always”.  LAN server IP (the IP of the wireless router). Wan User “any”. QOS Profile “none”. Destination “WAN1”. Bandwith Profile “NONE”. Log “Never”. But the result is the same. Both ports are closed and I can´t access the camera from internet.

Any ideas about the reason of the problem?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Firewall Port Forwarding to access DVR camera - SRX5308

Hello juanma2, 

Welcome to the community! 

I believe you are experiencing "Double NAT", it is when you are using a router behind another router. What you can do is to open service name "ANY" on inbound rules and direct it to the IP address of the wireless router. This will open all inbound requests going to the IP address of the wireless router. As an alternative, you can also use DMZ. Please click here (page 115) for instructions in using DMZ. 

I hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements