× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS324TP Firmware update not working

Domer99
Initiate

GS324TP Firmware update not working

Hi all, I'm trying to update the firmware on my GS324TP.  It's currently at firmware 1.0.0.26 and wanting to update it to the latest version which is 1.0.0.43.  Followed the instructions, used the web interface, uploaded the .stk file that I extracted from initial .zip file download.  I chose HTTP Firmware/File Update, "Software" and "image 1" to save the file to.  I received the "software file update through HTTP is complete" message with the green check after a few seconds.  Then rebooted the switch.  When the switch comes back up it is still showing 1.0.0.26 as the software version.

Any thoughts on other things I can try to get 1.0.0.43 to stick?  Thx!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS324TP Firmware update not working

Head to the S350 Series 24-Port (PoE+) and 48-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Switches with 2 or 4 SFP Ports User Ma... p.331, Manage Software Images.

now head to Maintenance > File Management > Dual Image > Dual Image Status

Dual Image Status information - Field Description
Image1 Ver The version of the image1 file.
Image2 Ver The version of the image2 file.
Current-active The currently active image on this switch.
Next-active The image to be used after the switch reboots.
Image1 Description The description associated with the image1 file.
Image2 Description The description associated with the image2 file.

Which version is shown for the image1 file? The one you uploaded before?

On Maintenance > File Management > Dual Image Configuration you can define which image will be come active after a restart.

The magic of switches with dual flash images. Worth reading the fine documentation.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Head to the S350 Series 24-Port (PoE+) and 48-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Switches with 2 or 4 SFP Ports User Ma... p.331, Manage Software Images.

now head to Maintenance > File Management > Dual Image > Dual Image Status

Dual Image Status information - Field Description
Image1 Ver The version of the image1 file.
Image2 Ver The version of the image2 file.
Current-active The currently active image on this switch.
Next-active The image to be used after the switch reboots.
Image1 Description The description associated with the image1 file.
Image2 Description The description associated with the image2 file.

Which version is shown for the image1 file? The one you uploaded before?

On Maintenance > File Management > Dual Image Configuration you can define which image will be come active after a restart.

The magic of switches with dual flash images. Worth reading the fine documentation.

Message 2 of 3
Domer99
Initiate

This was super helpful.  Was exactly what I needed.  I had read somewhere that image 1 was the default boot image so thought I should have been set when uploading the new firmware to image 1.  I did have some earlier issues uploading the file though and think I might have switched the image to image 2 during that process.  Forgot to go change it back.  Thx!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements