× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300-52G Stack with Dante - IGMP problems

KMC1
Tutor

M4300-52G Stack with Dante - IGMP problems

Hi all

I'm looking for some guidance on IGMP setup with Dante, and this seemed like the best place to go! 

We have a stack consisting of 2 x M4300-52Gs and 3 x M4300-28Gs that we plan to use as the main backbone for an outside broadcast truck we're building. We've set up a number of VLANs to carry dante audio, AES67 comms, NDI video, general browsing and configuration. 

Upon bootup everything looks stable, IGMP seems to be working as it should with regards to stopping multicast traffic flood the network. The problem occurs when there is an event in the dante network (on VLAN100) - a new device being switched on, for example. The dante networks clock election goes wild, the symptom being more than 1 device on the network starts to think its clock master. The only way to settle the network again is to briefly disable IGMP snooping on VLAN100. This allows clock election to take place again and everything settles. I'm assuming the mDNS messages used by dante are being inhibited somehow by incorrectly setup IGMP. Discovery of devices is also sometimes inhibited too once things go wrong. 

We've set everything up as per the instructions provided by netgear, and are on the latest 12.0.7.12 firmware. The querier seems to be working as it should, although I've tried different querier setups with now luck. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. If I need to provide any more information just shout. 

Many thanks,

K

Model: GSM4352PB|M4300-52G-PoE+ - 48x1G PoE+ Stackable Managed Switch with 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ (1
Message 1 of 2
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: M4300-52G Stack with Dante - IGMP problems

Hi @KMC1 

Sorry for this issue, it must a configuration problem, we have seen lot of installations with all the AV equipment you are mentioning and M4300's are perfect for that.

I trust you configure your VLAN 100 as explained here https://kb.netgear.com/000060205/M4300-Configuration-Guide-for-Dante-Audio-Devices

I'm afraid we need to review your configuration in details. Can you copy and paste your configuration file here? Alternatively, you can send me the configuration file, and the tech-support file (both can be exported from the GUI in Maintenance/Export/HTTP File Export section) - we can discuss by private message

Thanks,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements