× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M5300 VLAN Interface registration issue

tux3domike
Aspirant

M5300 VLAN Interface registration issue

We have about 20 VLANS configured on this switch, all with routing enabled.  For some reason 3 of them stopped working last night.  In the logs we get the following error:

IP[ipMapProcessing]: ip_util.c(1510) 92734 %% Failed to register router interface vlan 222 with ARP.

When you look at

Routing -> IP -> Advanced -> IP Interface Configuration page then selects "VLANS" it shows routing interface status as "Up" for everything except the 3 VLANS in question.  I've double checked the config and the VLANS do have an interface IP set and routing enabled.
Not sure what to do here.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is our core switch...
Model: M5300-28G3 (GSM7328Sv2h2)|ProSafe 24 ports managed L3 gigabit stackable switch
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: M5300 VLAN Interface registration issue

Hi @tux3domike 

Thanks for your immediately response.

I have got the tech-support file, but seems like some info missed in the file. So could you please collect tech-support file again and send to us? Sorry to trouble you to do it again.

One more question:

Do you do any operation before this issue happens? Or is there some physical ports flapping?

Currently, looks like some routing VLANs register failed when it change from down to up status. And you can reboot the switch to recover these routing VLANs service if you want.

Anyway, I will provide these info to R&D for further more analysis.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @tux3domike ,                                                                                                                         

Welcome to the community! 

For further analysis this problem, could you please provide more detail info as below?

1. What's image version of the M5300 switch?

2. Could you please show the sdm template of the switch, you can run command 'show sdm prefer' on console/telnet session;

3. Does all routing VLAN work fine before? 

4. Could you please provide the tech-support file of the Switch:
How do I send tech-support files from my Managed Switch to NETGEAR community moderators?

https://kb.netgear.com/31439/How-do-I-send-diagnostic-files-from-my-Managed-Switch-to-NETGEAR-commun...

Regards,

EricZ
NETGEAR employee

Message 2 of 7
tux3domike
Aspirant

1. What's image version of the M5300 switch?

11.0.0.31, B1.0.0.5

2. Could you please show the sdm template of the switch, you can run command 'show sdm prefer' on console/telnet session;

The current template is the 'dual ipv4 and ipv6 data center with IP Multicast Support' template.

ARP Entries.................................... 4096
IPv4 Unicast Routes............................ 6112
IPv6 NDP Entries............................... 1024
IPv6 Unicast Routes............................ 3072
ECMP Next Hops................................. 16
IPv4 Multicast Routes.......................... 512
IPv6 Multicast Routes.......................... 256
Maximum VLAN Entries........................... 1024

3. Does all routing VLAN work fine before?

Yes, it worked for all VLAN's until the other day.

4. Could you please provide the tech-support file of the Switch:

Done

Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @tux3domike 

Thanks for your immediately response.

I have got the tech-support file, but seems like some info missed in the file. So could you please collect tech-support file again and send to us? Sorry to trouble you to do it again.

One more question:

Do you do any operation before this issue happens? Or is there some physical ports flapping?

Currently, looks like some routing VLANs register failed when it change from down to up status. And you can reboot the switch to recover these routing VLANs service if you want.

Anyway, I will provide these info to R&D for further more analysis.

Message 4 of 7
tux3domike
Aspirant

Resent the Tech support file stand alone.

We will reboot and see if the issue is fixed during a maintenance window this weekend.

On a side note:

Are there any plans to release updated firmware for this model of switch?  It has numerous PCI DSS issues.  No TLS 1.1 or 1.2, etc..

Message 5 of 7
tux3domike
Aspirant

Looks like the switch crashed and rebooted itself as the uptime now shows 1 day.  The reboot seems to have fixed the vlan interfaces...  Would still like to know about getting patches for TLS, but this specific issue can be marked resolved.

Message 6 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @tux3domike 

Thanks for your updates.

For TLS, do you want to use TLS for HTTPS. M5300 already support TLS for HTTPS, login with Web GUI, then go to 'Security'-->'Access'-->'HTTPS'-->'HTTPS Configuration' page, then you can see enable/disable button for TLS.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements