× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MAC based VLAN from OUI or range of addresses

z-enzo
Aspirant

MAC based VLAN from OUI or range of addresses

I would like to create a MAC based VLAN based on a specific OUI. It looks like the MAC VLAN settings are single entry and you can only use OUI entries in the VoIP VLAN section. Is there any way to enter a MAC range in the VLAN section?

This is for an enviroment that does device manfacturing and all of their units have a specific OUI on them. These devices mostly live in the manufacturing area but they have RnD and Engineering enviroemnts as well and I want to make sure that anywhere they plug these in the traffic ends up on the correct VLAN. I can't use the AutoVOIP since it already in use by the voip system in the enviroment and entering in 16 million addresses doesn't seem realistic.

Model: GSM4352PA | M4300-52G-PoE+48x1G PoE+ Stackable Managed Switch with 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ (550W PSU)
Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MAC based VLAN from OUI or range of addresses

Hi z-enzo,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

I don't think it is possible to use the OUI of the device for MAC-Based VLAN. We all know that different devices have their own unique MAC address that is why MAC-based VLAN is only applicable to limited devices. It can only accommodate up to 256 entries for MAC-Based VLAN.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
z-enzo
Aspirant

Re: MAC based VLAN from OUI or range of addresses

That's what I figured but wasn't sure if you could specifiy a range or something like you can do with other vendors that don't have the autovoip feature. I am guessing netgear dropped this in favor of autovoip so people wouldn't have to build all the rules for voice vlans manually like one would in cisco but with a trade off of one OUI table or something.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements