× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR ProSafe M4100 Factory Default button

gunn1
Follower

NETGEAR ProSafe M4100 Factory Default button

Hi there

I am trying to factory default my switch and I am unable to access the switch as i do not have the password.

I have looked on the netgear website which states the below.

My question is that i can only find the reset buttonon the front of the switch. Could anyone please help me with locating the factory default button on my switch.

Thank you in advance. 

To reset a smart switch using the Factory Default button:

1. Locate the recessed button that is marked Factory Default or Factory Defaults on the back or bottom panel of your device.
    Be careful not to mix it up with the Reset button. The Reset button restarts the switch, it does not restore it to factory default settings.
  2. Insert a straightened paper clip or a similar device into the hole of the Factory Default button and hold for two to three seconds.

If you press the Factory Default button too long, some switches change to recovery mode, signified by the LED light turning from green to amber. If this happens, power cycle the switch or press the Reset button to reboot the device.

The smart switch restarts in a factory default configuration.
Model: M4100-50G-POE+ (GSM7248P)|ProSafe 50 ports gigabits fully managed L2 switch with PoE+
Message 1 of 2
mToddh
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR ProSafe M4100 Factory Default button

My switches are a different model, but I think factory reset user is admin with no password.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements