× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need Help Selecting Correct IGMP Switch

jdunlap
Follower

Need Help Selecting Correct IGMP Switch

I need help selecting the correct switch for a particular application here at work. We need to have 2 switches connected together via fiber and have at least 16 ports. They need IGMP and I guess one needs to act as a querier. We are using Adder XDIP KVMs on them and Adder says we need IGMP for them to work properly. I don't know where to start selecting switch. What would be recommended?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Need Help Selecting Correct IGMP Switch

Hi jdunlap,

Welcome to our community and Thank you for choosing NETGEAR! 🙂

It seems that you are looking for a 16-port switch that supports IGMP. Most of our switch supports IGMP except the pass thru devices. You may check the XS716T as it also supports 10G.

Here is our switch selector.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Need Help Selecting Correct IGMP Switch

Hi jdunlap,

Welcome to our community and Thank you for choosing NETGEAR! 🙂

It seems that you are looking for a 16-port switch that supports IGMP. Most of our switch supports IGMP except the pass thru devices. You may check the XS716T as it also supports 10G.

Here is our switch selector.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements