× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setting switch up standalone with a DHCP server

pwbridges
Follower

Setting switch up standalone with a DHCP server

My company is looking at moving from Cisco small business and Catalyst switches to Netgear M4300 for our AV over IP needs.  Typically we use a standalone switch or this, but enable the DHCP server on the switch to hand out IP addresses.  I have been trying to configure our office M4300-28G-PoE+ as a DHCP server, but when I do, I appear to lose connection to the switch.  I am connected over the OOB port (192.168.0.239) as well as the USB console port.  I have set my management VLAN to 192.168.1.1/24.  A added a DHCP pool called "Devices", with a network address of 192.168.1.0/24.  As soon as I press "apply" on the web interface, the DHCP Pool "window" on my browser remains, no matter what setting I select.  In addition, my console connection locks up.  What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Setting switch up standalone with a DHCP server

@pwbridges,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Since you have set the Management VLAN to 192.168.1.1/24, did you set port members for the Management VLAN and set the correct PVID for it?

What is the current firmware version of your M4300-28G-PoE+?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements