× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Which SFP+ 10GB Transceiver do I need to connect to an Aruba switch?

milp
Tutor

Which SFP+ 10GB Transceiver do I need to connect to an Aruba switch?

I need to connect a M4300-24X24F over FO to an Aruba 3810M Switch. The distance is about 200m with OM4 50/125 μm.

The Aruba guy told me that he is using the following Transceiver: "J9150D Aruba 10G SFP+ LC SR 300m MMF Transceiver". I did not find much about the specs, though. 

What Transceiver do I need on our Netgear XSM4348S/M4300?

I would assume its the AXM761, but I am not 100% sure. Can someone confirm?

Thanks a lot

Dan

Model: XSM4348S|M4300-24X24F - Stackable Managed Switch with 48x10G including 24x10GBASE-T and 24xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

AXM761 should be right - LC Lucent Connector (all SFP/SFP+ have it), short range (SR), MMF multi-mode [50/125µm OM3 or OM4 so called laser optimized] fiber. What's not explicitly listed on both models is the 850 nm laser wavelength, de-facto standard on multimode fiber. 

For a direct connection, you need a dual/duplex multimode fiber with at least OM3, or OM4 (both typically aqua) quality with dual LC connectors on bot ends (typically grey). OM1/OM2 62.5/125µm [typically orange] isn't sufficient - it won't make the distance required because of the 62.5µm core does not fit the Laser sender/receiver.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

AXM761 should be right - LC Lucent Connector (all SFP/SFP+ have it), short range (SR), MMF multi-mode [50/125µm OM3 or OM4 so called laser optimized] fiber. What's not explicitly listed on both models is the 850 nm laser wavelength, de-facto standard on multimode fiber. 

For a direct connection, you need a dual/duplex multimode fiber with at least OM3, or OM4 (both typically aqua) quality with dual LC connectors on bot ends (typically grey). OM1/OM2 62.5/125µm [typically orange] isn't sufficient - it won't make the distance required because of the 62.5µm core does not fit the Laser sender/receiver.

Message 2 of 7
milp
Tutor

Thanks a lot for the clarification, @schumaku 

Connection is 

AXM761 --> orange patch cable (2m) --> PP --> OM4 (ca. 200m I think) --> PP --> orange patch cable (2m) --> J9150D Aruba Transceiver

So I guess we are all good.

Many thanks.

Daniel

Message 3 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Orange coloured patch cable stinks - can be anything from the FDDI to OM1 or OM2, wrong core diameter - check the printing on it. Patch cables must be OM3 or OM4. 

Message 4 of 7
milp
Tutor

@schumaku 

good point.

I checked back with the guy responsible for the cabling.

I will get 

Glasfaser-Patchkabel, LCd - SCd,  50/125 OM4, dupl. violett,Fig.8, L= 2.0m

I guess I'm good.

Thanks for mentioning it.

Daniel

Message 5 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Hoi Daniel,

Das hört sich gut an!

@milp wrote:

Glasfaser-Patchkabel, LCd - SCd,  50/125 OM4, dupl. violett,Fig.8, L= 2.0m

Heiniger? Grüsse in die Region Bern oder so!

-Kurt

Message 6 of 7
milp
Tutor

Kann sein. Hat Gfeller organisiert. 😉

äs grüessli us bärn

Daniel

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements