× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Change APN Type

PsiTechs
Aspirant

Change APN Type

Bonjour, i am having a serious issue with my Aircard 810s.

I bought a secondary cellular number with a secondary Sim Card, just to use it with 4G LTE, and specifically bought the Aircard 810s to use it with.

But the speed seems to be limited wether i connect my computer to it via usb/wifi. It shouldn't be limited because it is show on the modem that i'm connected to the Network in "4G+".

I used to have the same issue previously, when i used to connecte my computer with my cellphone in "acces point mode", until i read somewhere that i had to add ,"dun" in the "APN Type" on my cellphone APN parameters, and it did work, my connection on my computer went from 2Mb/s max, to 20Mb/s.

So since the secondary sim card is from the same provider, i asume that all i need was to add ",dun" to the APN Type in theAircard's parameters, except, there is no possibility to do so, only the Name of the APN is changebale, there is no "APN Type" like in my cellphone.

The question is this, i'm 97% sure the issue i have stem from the inability to use ",dun", so is there any way to apply that setting in myAircard 810s ?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Change APN Type

Hi PsiTechs, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Once you have supplied the APN information then the mobile hotspot checks the APN to determine the type of network connection to establish. 

Here's a reference link of how to configure APN settings for AirCard 810: 

https://kb.netgear.com/30621/How-to-configure-APN-settings-for-AirCard-810

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
PsiTechs
Aspirant

Bonjour Guys, does anyone have an idea that could help me ?

Message 2 of 6
PsiTechs
Aspirant

Help ?

Message 3 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi PsiTechs, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Once you have supplied the APN information then the mobile hotspot checks the APN to determine the type of network connection to establish. 

Here's a reference link of how to configure APN settings for AirCard 810: 

https://kb.netgear.com/30621/How-to-configure-APN-settings-for-AirCard-810

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi PsiTechs, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 6
PsiTechs
Aspirant

Bonjour, sorry for the delay, i didn't notice the notification of your message until now.

The issue is still troubling me, i know how to create the APN. What i'm trying to do is configure it by adding ",dun" to the APN Type (as shown in the picture added), as i am able to do on cellphones.

The procedure you gave me is just to create the APN but doesn't tell me if it is possible to add ",dun" on the APN Type either from the device itself, or the webinterface.

Is this modification doable or am i wasting time and should change router ?

Thank you for your reply

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7