× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Flashing power light, LM1200

Flashing power light, LM1200

Does the power light on an LM1200 flash if there's no SIM?

Mine worked fine with an AC adapter. I'm now trying to rig it up in my travel trailer using a 60W QC3.0-compatible USB-C power source running on 12VDC. The SIM is out temporarily and I don't have access to it at the moment. I'm getting a flashing orange on the power light and don't know if it's indicative of inadequate power, or no SIM/signal.

I have a GL-iNet router connected on the same power source, in a different USB port. The router and modem are the only 2 loads on the outlet. The router and modem present a total demand of 4A at most.

The adapter being 60W, it supplies 12A at 5V. Yes, that assumes 100% efficiency but, whatever the case, it can supply much more than the combined demand.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Flashing power light, LM1200

@SomebodyInGNV wrote:

Try the manual.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the sections in the manual Top Panel With Status LEDs and Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

@SomebodyInGNV wrote:

Try the manual.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the sections in the manual Top Panel With Status LEDs and Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4

Thanks. I resolved the problem when I got home by plugging in the SIM. It works. At that point I stopped looking further.

The "Troubleshoot with LEDs" section on p 100 of the manual you referenced specifically refers to the SIM being out.

Message 3 of 4

@SomebodyInGNV wrote:

The "Troubleshoot with LEDs" section on p 100 of the manual you referenced specifically refers to the SIM being out.

That's good, which is why I suggested it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7