× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB2120 crashing instead of failover

samny
Aspirant

LB2120 crashing instead of failover

Dear all,

I bought a LB2120 configured behind a TP-LINK TD-W8960N.

The problem I have is fairly simple: when the TP-LINK is crashing, the LB210 seems to crash also...

The led are blinking correctly. I mean, wireline led is blinking, LTE is steady, and network level is correctly, but unable to reach the LB2120.

Neither Web, not ping is working also. As there is no log in the modem, it's quite hard to diagnose.

I'm unable to reproduce the behavior. When I run a test, by just disconnecting the ADSL line from the TP-LINK, the LB2120 is correctly handling the hand-over to LTE. However, in real case the LB2120 always fails, so the device is totally useless.

I have not seen any firmware update so far.

Is there any way to diagnose ? or someone has the same issue ?

Thanks,

Arnaud

Message 1 of 9
britdoc
Aspirant

Re: LB2120 crashing instead of failover

I have had the same problem. Is there anyone from Netgear on this forum. Requires a failover for the failover modem - very annoying

Message 2 of 9
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi samny & britdoc,

Sorry to hear that you guys are having issues with your LB2120. When you are saying configured behind your TP-LINK TD-W8960N, do you mean hard wired with an Ethernet cable?

Also are the LB2120 up-to-date with the most current firmware?

Please let me know :]

- Jason N

Message 3 of 9
samny
Aspirant

Hi,
Yes the lb2120 is directly connected to the w8960n using a regular ethernet cable.
I observed when the system is stuck, it seems there is a lot of traffic as led are blinking very fast. I tried to add a switch between both to decouple both components, but it continued to crash.
and yes, the lb2120 is using the latest firmware ( I did one upgrade since I bought it)
Regards
Arnaud
Message 4 of 9
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi samny,

I wanted to confirm with you that the LB2120 was connected to the LAN or WAN port of the TP-LINK TD-W8960N?

- Jason N

Message 5 of 9
samny
Aspirant

the tp-link is connected to the wan port.
a netgear switch GS116Ev2 is connected to the lan port.
Message 6 of 9
samny
Aspirant

oops sorry I missed your question. the wan port of lb2120 is connected to the lan1 of the tplink
Message 7 of 9
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi samny,

I sent you a PM with some other questions to be answered.

Can you please provide those answers?

Thank you :]

- Jason N

Message 8 of 9
pirrup
Aspirant

Hi ,

I have same issue with the LB2120. is on latest firmware and i use it in bridge mode.

so modem to LB2120 and ethernet cable to wan port of my router.

What i noticed is when i loose connection it freezes and power led blinks green.

no more connection on my router and when i reboot router i still don't get an ip from the LB2120 until i reboot it.

It really annoying that you buy this for failover and it's a single point of failure and makes it even worse 😞

Kind regards,

pirrup

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7