× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LM1200 Upload speed on Ethernet Switch

g8rvet
Initiate

LM1200 Upload speed on Ethernet Switch

Purchased a flat panel antenna and checked that it worked.  Got good upload and download when connected directly to computer (through a punch down panel in my internet closet).  Did final testing and checked it in location and mounted.   Still great signal (around 18Mbps down and 12Mbps up).  Changed to router mode and it worked well in router mode-same speeds.  Then I hooked it up to unmanaged ethernet switch, the download drops to 7Mbps and the upload becomes unacceptable - like 0.2Mbps.  This was with two TVs plugged in to the switch and off-nothing else is on.  This is the exact setup I used with another broadband LTE modem.  It worked fine until they went out of business.  Seems like I am setting something up incorrectly as it works perfectly with the punch panel and computer alone.  The switch is 100/1000 and less than a year old and was flawless 1 month ago.    

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

an unmanaged switch really shouldn't be affecting anything. 

It could be the tv's downloading something in the background. 

Have you tested them separate? What I mean is just the LM1200---switch--->computer with nothing else connected? 

Message 2 of 3
g8rvet
Initiate

Thanks so much.  That is what I thought.  I did exactly that last night and found one of the antennas to the router was not fully engaged  (TS9 is a crazy port - so easy to accidentally unplug).  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7