× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MAC OS El Capitan issues with AT&T Aircard 340U

Slimshady25760
Follower

MAC OS El Capitan issues with AT&T Aircard 340U

Good Afternoon, I use my MAC for business and this morning after upgrading to the MAC OS El Capitan latest release I am no longer able to use my Aircard 340U. It just keeps restarting the Aircard with the ATT logo and does not offer the connection or launch the software control center. Can anybody help? I do not want to revert my OS if I don't have too. Thank you to anyone that can help.

Message 1 of 7
wolfscream
Aspirant

Re: MAC OS El Capitan issues with AT&T Aircard 340U

I have the same problem

Message 2 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Slimshady and wolfscream

You may want to try our newest drivers since you might have some older ones. Let me know if this works or not 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/AC340U/AirCard_Watcher_B4089.dmg

DarrenM

Message 3 of 7
jt95
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM -

I have the same problem as the original poster.  I downloaded the recommended driver, but there is no change for me.  The Airbeam device restarts constantly and the AT&T All Access application indicates, "Modem Unplugged".  When I looked into the contents of the .pkg file, it seems it is from May, 2015, a good five months before El Capitan.

Is there a manual uninstall process for these drivers in order to "clean" out potential left over old drivers and install this updated driver?  Is there another version to be released soon?  This is pretty much garbage that a month after release, I cannot use a product which my company is paying a monthly service fee to a wireless provider.

For anyone else that stumbles upon this thread, is this firmware working for you on 10.11.x?

-jt

Message 4 of 7
noemail
Aspirant

This driver has been tried to work with AC341U [Telus]

Unit was working before and stopped working after updating  MacBook Pro to El Capitan

Message 5 of 7
noemail
Aspirant

I have no idea why I decided to go in and try once again, but I did. I installed everything. Then, I updated my locations in system preferences to make sure all that information was correct.

I installed NETGEAR again, then I installed the link you sent today and it is working and I am sending you this email from my MAC.

It is important for people to note that they will have 3 locations while using this device:
AirCard 340IU
AirCard 341
Sierravsp

It is interesting all 3 are checked, so who knows which one is working, but it appears as long as you put in all your configuration information in all 3 places - it works!

Hope this note makes sense to you. I am grateful and thankful to be back on my MAC.

Message 6 of 7
noemail
Aspirant

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7