× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 with firmware 12.06.11.00 and just burns through battery

MR1100 with firmware 12.06.11.00 and just burns through battery

My hotspot recently recieved the 12.06.11.00 update and this update my hot spot just burns through its batter in around 6 hours where I use to get around 12, it has effectively cut its life in half and I use this thing for work and where it is place there is little to no power outlets near where I place it for best coverage. I would downgrade but the device is unable to be downgraded...  but when I download the older firmware, I just get error 16 after uploading it. So I seem stuck withthis broken firmware.... any help with A downgrade is there a way to froce downgrades? Or is there some way to optimize the battery use a bit better? also yes I have factory reset this unit...

Also noticed this unit will not charge with the unit turned off, I usually charge this unit off at home but now it will wake up shortly after turning it off on the charger.
I would love it if A this unit would stay off when charge and stretch goal this unit actually stay off when turned off if plugged in while charging or if that was an option set in the settings of this unit...

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 7
Bluehavana
Aspirant

I Updated the firmware to this version today instantly started having problems. I have my MR1100 hooked to my home router and it had been working great for months. As soon as i did the update I could no longer get an internet connection through my home router. I also tried to roll back the firmware and got the same error code 16. 

Message 2 of 7

I am planning to step back to my AT&T model which due to me not having an active AT&T SIM anymore, it doesn't ever update so. That is really my only option now but still annoying that the downgrade option is broken... Because as it stands this unit is now dead in the water till and update is released to fix these galring problems, before it was rare to see an update but lately, it seems the testing of the firmware ball has been dropped lately.

Message 3 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Bluehavana wrote:

I Updated the firmware to this version today instantly started having problems. I have my MR1100 hooked to my home router and it had been working great for months. As soon as i did the update I could no longer get an internet connection through my home router. I also tried to roll back the firmware and got the same error code 16. 

After M1 is updated, please check whether you can connect to M1 WiFi first. After you confirm M1 is working, please power cycle your home router for it to get a new IP address from M1. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7

For those looking for away to downgrade and get past the errorcode 16 I just went back to 12.06.08.00 with the following method be patiant it works takes about 10 to 20 minutes router will reset multiple times but it does work! now the unit shouldn't burn through battery and no longer, and should stay off when charging...  go give it a look and a kudo took me a bit of digging but found a working downgrade method...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/MR1100-Firmware-Update/m-p/1813134/h...

Message 5 of 7

Please see my later post with a link to how to down grade this device just have a charged battery and patiance and it will downgrade,  again just keep in mind the unit will reset multiple times and towards the end it may seem locked up just let it keep going and don't touch it and it will work again takes about 10 to 20 minutes I have had to do it twice as the forced an OTA from a firmware I was on so I had to go down to 12.05.05.

Message 6 of 7
modernuser
Aspirant

Link to 12.05.05?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation