× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR2100 – Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router - faulty modem with no response from Netgear

EmilyBieman
Aspirant

MR2100 – Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router - faulty modem with no response from Netgear

How do I get a replacement on a faulty modem - when Netgear refused to speak to me, whenever I call their 1300 number, they hang up on me, and btw, Telstra charges $2/m to call 1300 numbers, one time I got through on their landline to Chatswood head quarters, and they put me on hold for 50 minutes and then hang up on me? and once they daid I had to pay the $49 to talk to a techie, (when it is stil under warranty) And telstra has advised me, after running threough troubleshooting steps, it is FAULTY

This is still under warranty they refuse to replace repair or refund and even talk to me it’s like I have no choice but to take them to court if I want my money back. Talk about a disgraceful business. chatswood - north shore wannabes

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
EmilyBieman
Aspirant

Re: MR2100 – Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router - faulty modem with no response from Netgear

finally someone from Netgear reached out via email, and put me in contact with a Telstra guy (Felix) who replaced the modem. (turns out it was Telstra who shoulkd have replaced the modem in the first place, but for some reason they refused, until Netgear intervened) So now it works just fine.

Someone has put spelling mistakes in all my above posts.

https://emilyconstancebieman.wixsite.com/blog

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: MR2100 – Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router - faulty modem with no response from Netgear

Dear Emily,

You mix two things up here and in the video. The MR2100 model is clearly a Telstra branded unit. Any warranty and service has to come from Telstra therefore. Netgear is only the manufacturer or OEM of your device as this is not a Netgear device model sold in the free market. It's also not Netgear's problem if your carrier does charge that high rates on what should be a customer support line. [Edit] Probably not reading properly - of course also NEtgear can charge something for thir support line [/Edit] Over here in Europe this would be illegal to start the counter before a call is answered. 

Not sure where/how you call Netgear - in most markets, a support case must be created and filed online first before we get a phone number to call. Ah, Austraia might be an exception. No idea why you fall off from the line attempting to call Netgear - this should not happen. Either way, they won't be able to provide you with a different answer for the Telstra M2/MR2100.

Essentially, this post should be in the Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems - I'll notify the moderators to move (both) of your posts. In the meantime, I hope @Blanca_O can provide some more advise on potential troubleshooting.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 11
EmilyBieman
Aspirant

Thanks Kurt, yes, I can see the big T on teh device, but teh girl at Telstra shop, and teh boys on teh telstra techincl call centre all said it is  a netgear problem. And this model is sold in the free market. And yes it is Netgears fault of teh high cost of 1300 numbers, as money made from those 1300 number goes directly to the company, NOT telstra - busines's make money  (steal from people) on 1300 numbers. And since this device is clearly faulty, it needs to be replaced, there are no need for questions to be answered. And, I will post in the Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems too

i did not mix anything up KURT

Message 3 of 11
schumaku
Guru

No doubt it's a [Netgear] hardware issue, however - even if sold in the free market - it's a Telstra branded product, marketed and sold under their brand, specifically cutomized for the 3G and 4G bands used; with or without SIM lock, typically as a [discounted] hardware in a bundle along with a service contract, and also offered as part of thier services.

In the common OEM/branding deals, support and warranty is delegated and must be provided (or at least initiated) by the brandig company, not by the manufacturer. 

Either way, head online to https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx and proceed to "Replace my defective product" - this is the much faster and more reliable way than sticking in a phone waiting queue.

Message 4 of 11
EmilyBieman
Aspirant

thanks for that link, allthough it did not work, it got stuck after I entered my serial number

Message 5 of 11
EmilyBieman
Aspirant

After trying in a different browser it worked, only they gave me the same one 1300 number, to call within 24 hours. I'm not calling them any more, they have stolen enough of my money vie 1300 calls, so since they have not responded to me in any other way, I have no choice but to take them to court to get a replacement on a faulty modem these people are useless.

Message 6 of 11
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @EmilyBieman

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know where did you purchase the device? 

Aircard devices purchased from an ISP then product warranty repairs should be from the ISP. Here's a reference link: 

How to get an AirCard product warranty Return Materials Authorization (RMA) repair purchased/obtaine...

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 7 of 11
EmilyBieman
Aspirant

ebay for $329 incl postage

Message 8 of 11
EmilyBieman
Aspirant

see your phone does not work, it just hangs up - REPEATEDLY

AND

Agent: 12502, stop sending me surveys, and sort the faulty modem, wakey wakey

Message 9 of 11
KarmusDK
Apprentice

Hi. I have a faulty screen after a street accident involving a car tyre. Would you be interested in selling it to me as defective (for parts)? Contact me on karmus@gmail.com

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 10 of 11
EmilyBieman
Aspirant

finally someone from Netgear reached out via email, and put me in contact with a Telstra guy (Felix) who replaced the modem. (turns out it was Telstra who shoulkd have replaced the modem in the first place, but for some reason they refused, until Netgear intervened) So now it works just fine.

Someone has put spelling mistakes in all my above posts.

https://emilyconstancebieman.wixsite.com/blog

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7