× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear m6 pro overheating, no band selection(locking)

HaleskinnYT
Aspirant

Netgear m6 pro overheating, no band selection(locking)

So i bought m6 pro from telstra(australia), i did not try this thing out before and now when im not in the country (back at home in estonia) i am starting to notice all of the bugs/glitches/problems with this device, first of all, the overheating, i am plugged in to the original charger, no battery installed, and only using rj45, wifi turned off, and this thing after a hour or two just browsing internet/facebook gets so hot it just restarts itself, when i start downloading something it overheats even faster and starts just cutting internet/throttling the speed (it is not ISP throttling as i have business sim with unlimited data and speeds), also when i tried out the antenna ports on the m6 pro(tried 2 different antennas, 2x2mimo one with supported bands sitting on a roof with direct line of sight to the tower) i pretty much did not gain anything, compared to my fold 4 when same sim inserted (bare in mind they both use same modem), i dont want to say anything bad but right now i feel like scammed, its worse performance than my fold 4 (yes i know different bands but i only have 1,3,7,20 here anyways), so supported ones, also, no band locking possibility? why? also, is there different firmwares availabe to flash on this thing to get like more EU bands available, as i am pretty sure they are just "disabled" in the software level, not actually removed from the SOC(sd x65 has all of the bands pretty much there is in the world eu/us/aus wide at least) so i would like to get some answers, because right now as i am writing a upcoming review on this thing for local tech news site/newspaper this thing wont get any good reception(see what i did there with the pun xD) 

anyways thanks for reading, hoping to see what other members think and also would like to get some netgear representative to talk about the issues

Message 1 of 2
HaleskinnYT
Aspirant

Re: Netgear m6 pro overheating, no band selection(locking)

with antenna signalwith antenna signal

with antennas speedwith antennas speed

without antenna signalwithout antenna signal

without antenna speedwithout antenna speed

bare in mind i live 1km from the cell tower that has 1,3,7,20, and according to the testing done on my property they all have much stronger signal than what i can see with this router, also i live in the centerpoint of 4 more other towers that also broadcast same bandwith (same isp) all of them are approx 1-2km range, direct view(i have directional antennas on roof, but can change to omni if needed), the isp told me that their testing devices got around 4-500mbps download and minimum 50mbps upload on my location(with directional antennas) with my fold 4 i can avg around 100-150mbps dl and around 50-60mbps ul

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7