× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear nighthawk battery

DenLeigh
Aspirant

Netgear nighthawk battery

Having problems with device too hot to charge battery- any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear nighthawk battery

Is it your environment or is the device hot from usage?

A laptop cooler could potentially help.

Or potentially the battery is going bad. How old is it? 

Message 2 of 7
DenLeigh
Aspirant

Only purchased device 3 days ago. Have tried charging in cooler times of the day and this helps a bit but usually due to the time it takes to fully charge the device is then too hot as it can take a few hours to charge.
I may have to get it replaced under warranty?
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Devices are going to get warm when they charge. Not sure how hot the devices is getting. Is it working? If its getting to hot, many will shut down. 

Message 4 of 7
DenLeigh
Aspirant

I took the nethawk back to place of purchase and they advised the problem wa sdue to it needing a software update. This was done so I will now see what happens. Thanks to those who helped.

Message 5 of 7
DenLeigh
Aspirant

Device has been taken back to purchaser for sending away to get repaired (hopefully), or if not a replacement at no cost. Product must be faulty if only purchased a few weeks agao and can not fully charge without topping due to overgeting - very unreliable. However no replacement device has been provided so have to rely on hot spotting my phone to use internet on other devices (laptop).:(

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

Thats unfortunate. Hopefully its a fast turn around for you. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7