× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

NightHawk MR1100 won’t enable wifi from website

Dylanmr1100
Aspirant

NightHawk MR1100 won’t enable wifi from website

Brand new out the box there is no wifi enabled.APN also needed to be set up. I plugged wifi box with Ethernet cable into my laptop to access it through the website and I was able to set up the APN but it will not allow me to enable the wifi at all. How do I enable the wifi?
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 10
Dylanmr1100
Aspirant

Re: NightHawk MR1100 won’t enable wifi from website

When clicking to enabled dual broad board or either 2.4 or 5g it just sits there trying to apply changes. Doesn’t do anything.
Message 2 of 10
plemans
Guru

you might get more help in the mobile router forum. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard

if you're logged into it through the browser, what do you get when you go to settings->setup--->wireless

Message 3 of 10
Dylanmr1100
Aspirant

It says wifi disabled. Then I go to the set up wifi and when I click the wifi I want to enable it doesn’t enable it. It just sits there buffering on the browser and the left hand bottom corner says applying changes but it never applies the change.
Message 4 of 10
plemans
Guru

It shoudn't have come with wifi disabled. 

Factory resetting might not be a bad idea. You can find the factory reset button under the battery cover. push and hold it for 10 seconds

Message 5 of 10
Dylanmr1100
Aspirant

I factory reset it like 10 times no changes. I’ve been on hold with customer service on the phone for an hour so far. No help yet 😞
Message 6 of 10
plemans
Guru

Netgear support isn't always the fastest. Some times its easier/faster to just exchange it from where you bought it. 

Message 7 of 10
Denise-Joyce
Aspirant

I was wondering if you got the problem fixed? I am having the same exact problem.

Message 8 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Denise-Joyce

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the device SKU (e.g. MR1100-100NAS) and firmware version?

Can you please let us know what troubleshooting you've tried?

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 9 of 10
Ronno2311
Aspirant

I have the same problem with the MR1100 not enabling WiFi from the website and was wondering if a solution has been found. I have searched this community, but I have not found a definitive answer yet. I have factory reset too many times to count, and at times the APN would not save. When I enable the WiFi option, the message "applying changes" appears, but it never changes. I eventually get a message that the update failed. I saw a possible solution was to: "Select SETTINGS > Setup > Router Setup. Select the IP PASSTHROUGH ON button. The default selection is AUTO." However, when I go to my router setup in the settings, there is no option for IP PASSTHROUGH. What am I missing? MR1100-2A1NAS NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7