× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 MR100 - does not work unless battery inserted (Firmware: NTG9X50C_12_06.11.00)

shuaybi
Follower

Nighthawk M1 MR100 - does not work unless battery inserted (Firmware: NTG9X50C_12_06.11.00)

I have been using this device for the last few months simply on power adapter without the battery inserted. Then few days ago suddenly the screen displayed "Downloading software update" and got stuck in this forever and just wouldn't come out of it. Factory reset also did not solve the problem. After more troubleshooting I realized that simply inserting the battery (and keeping it inserted) solved the problem. I also noticed that the device had been updated to the latest firmware version: NTG9X50C_12_06.11.00

Anybody seen this same issue with this firmware version? 

I want to find out if there is a way to just run this device through adapter (without battery inserted).

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
Xigas
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk M1 MR100 - does not work unless battery inserted (Firmware: NTG9X50C_12_06.11.00)

I'm on the same version as well with the same question. I am also having issues with the ethernet port "sleeping". If I want the ethernet to work, I have to have the router unplugged (with the battery still in it) for it to work. I've been running the router with it plugged into the wall as well as the battery inserted for a good while now, and I think my battery is getting fried, because I can't have it unplugged from the wall for too long without it dying on me. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 3
JohnDyson
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk M1 MR100 - does not work unless battery inserted (Firmware: NTG9X50C_12_06.11.00)

I have the same problem since today.

This firmware update messege popup but it´s the same I already have installed.

Please Netgear fix this.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7