× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) - Is it possible to connect it to Aircard Smart Cradle

s-s
Initiate
Initiate

Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) - Is it possible to connect it to Aircard Smart Cradle

Can  I use my new  Nighthawk with my old Netgear Air Card Smart Cradle.

I need to improve my wifi network in my house and connect the nas. The old modem worked good with this cradle/ I know it wont plug into the cradle so can i use a usb or rj45 lead.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk M1MR1100

Hi @s-s

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

The AirCard Smart Cradle is compatible with AirCard 790S Mobile Hotspot (Telstra / BigPond Wi-Fi 4G Advanced II), AirCard 785S Mobile Hotspot (Telstra Pre-Paid 4G My Pocket Wi-Fi Ultimate), AirCard 782S Mobile Hotspot (Telstra / BigPond Wi-Fi 4G Advanced), and any Future NETGEAR AirCard Mobile Hotspots.

You cannot connect the MR1100 to the Smart Cradle via Ethernet cable or USB cable. The RJ-45 port on the MR1100 supports Ethernet offloading where you can use an Ethernet connection to offload the data usage. For example, you can enable Ethernet offloading to allow MR1100 to use a Wi-Fi connection or a wired connection from a router to access the Internet to prevent you from using the data. The USB port on the cradle can only be used to connect USB storage devices like flash drives or hard drives, or a printer. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk M1MR1100

Hi @s-s

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

The AirCard Smart Cradle is compatible with AirCard 790S Mobile Hotspot (Telstra / BigPond Wi-Fi 4G Advanced II), AirCard 785S Mobile Hotspot (Telstra Pre-Paid 4G My Pocket Wi-Fi Ultimate), AirCard 782S Mobile Hotspot (Telstra / BigPond Wi-Fi 4G Advanced), and any Future NETGEAR AirCard Mobile Hotspots.

You cannot connect the MR1100 to the Smart Cradle via Ethernet cable or USB cable. The RJ-45 port on the MR1100 supports Ethernet offloading where you can use an Ethernet connection to offload the data usage. For example, you can enable Ethernet offloading to allow MR1100 to use a Wi-Fi connection or a wired connection from a router to access the Internet to prevent you from using the data. The USB port on the cradle can only be used to connect USB storage devices like flash drives or hard drives, or a printer. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7