× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk MR1100 Disconnecting

QuicksilverZach
Aspirant

Nighthawk MR1100 Disconnecting

I just bought a Nighthawk MR1100 and got a SIM card for it. I was able to follow the instructions and get to the WiFi Manager. The speed is low, 3mbps down and up at the most, and it frequently disconnects. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

SKU: 6112B
MR1100-1A1NAS
Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk MR1100 Disconnecting

Hi @QuicksilverZach

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please contact the carrier and make sure that you have the correct APN information. 

Kindly check as well that the signal strength is excellent. If signal indicator is low, try moving the device to a location with a clear view of the sky. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please make sure you upgrade to the latest release and let me know whether you still experience the disconnection issue.

Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 4
QuicksilverZach
Aspirant

Since my previous message I have done a few things. I did double check the AT&T APN and it should be correct. I checked for an update through the device and I believe it downloaded it correctly. The disconnecting problem is gone and it was likely poor signal quality at my house, but now I have a new problem. I can connect to the device and no matter how good the signal is, I can't use the wifi now. This even happens in the strongest signal areas of the city. Where before I got 30mbps near the best tower, I can't connect to test the speed or do anything. Further, I purchased a cell phone booster, which uses band 12, to make the signal better at my house. The booster is working for my wife's phone, which is also AT&T, but does not seem to affect the Netgear Nighthawk. What can I do?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7