× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Problem with Firmware update

HunterHunter
Aspirant

Problem with Firmware update

Hi all,

I am facing a problem while upgrading my netgear MR1100 router to the latest firmware. I have downloaded the latest firmware from netgear website and logged into the router web application to upgrade the router to the new firmware. Everything went fine the file was uploaded and the router restarted and started with a screen says:

"Updating device, Please do not power off" I have waited for like couple of hours but the progress bar is still stuck in the same place.

The device seems to be freezed at this point, I have tried to unplug the power and hardreset it but there is no progress. Everytime it starts at the same upgrading screen.

Can you please help/advice me for a solution to this problem? How can I get over this upgrade scree?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Problem with Firmware update

Hi @HunterHunter

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please remove the SIM card, turn the device, access the router settings page and re-load the firmware. Once completed, re-insert the SIM card . 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 6
HunterHunter
Aspirant

Hi @Blanca_O :

Thanks for your quick reply. The device is stuck into the same state of trying to update the device it is not even booting and the progress bar is not moving. I have no access the web application anymore. I can't hardreset it (nothing will happened), the router screen only shows "Updating device, Please do not power off". I tried to press the power button for 10 seconds the router led blinks (Red, Blue) for a while then a new message appears on the router screen which says: "Downloading software update" but the router is not connecting to the internet. Any advice about this matter will be helpful.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 6
HunterHunter
Aspirant

Is it possible to reflash/upgrade firmware of Netgear MR1100 via usb cable? I can't ping the device and couldn't use TFTP client to upload a new firmware. What can I do in such situation?

Message 4 of 6
Aspirant

Same thing happened to mine. Had to call Netgear and get a replacement.

Message 5 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @HunterHunter

This appears to be a hardware issue and needs to be replaced. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7