× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Slow internet speeds both wired and wireless on C7000v2

gregs1
Aspirant

Slow internet speeds both wired and wireless on C7000v2

My C7000 WiFi speeds are about half of what the modem produces when turn the router mode off and hardwire the C7000 to a external router, wifi performance is good.  Spectrum tecs tested the C7000's modem fed to their router and we get good WiFi performance about 400 mbps.  But if I use the C7000 internal router I get less than 200 mbps 5G Wifi performance.  I have it on good channel and cannot see any settings that should be causing this degradation of speed.  Any thoughts? 

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 8
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Slow internet speeds both wired and wireless on C7000v2

Hi gregs1,

Thank you for coming to the community for help. Is your C7000's firmware up-to-date with the most current version? Did you perform a factory reset on your device? I see that you also listed the Nighthawk AC1900. Where does that device come into play?

Please let me know. :]

- Jason N

Message 2 of 8
gregs1
Aspirant

Jason, My unit is the Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Model C7000v2. It is at latest firmware level.  And I have tried the Reset. And I am sure I am using the least used channel etc. As I said in first post if I connect an EXTERNAL router to the C7000v2 we got good WiFi speeds.  However when I use the C7000v2's internal router the WiFi 5G speeds are about half that of the external router. So the C7000v2's modem speed it good the the output of the router is cutting the speed approxitmately in half compare the an external router???? What can cause that?

Message 3 of 8
gregs1
Aspirant

I responded to Jason with more clarification on my problem but no one has given any help in understanding why the internal router's wifi speed is slow (about half ) compared to the senario of using the C7000v2 to feed an external router.  I can see no settings in the C7000v2 that would cause this. So need advice on how to fix it.  Resetting the unit does not help.

Message 4 of 8
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi greg1,

I will be PMing you for collecting more information from you and further assistance. :]

- Jason N

Message 5 of 8
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gregs1,

I have forward your information that you gave me to my internal team. They will work with you as soon as possible. :]

- Jason N

Message 6 of 8
gregs1
Aspirant

Have not heard from the internal  team

Message 7 of 8
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gregs1,

Thank you for letting me know. I have just sent a message to my internal team and will get an update as soon as I can. :]

- Jason N

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7