Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Finish Armor Purchase

DonMcC
Aspirant

Can't Finish Armor Purchase

Through the IOS Nighthhawk app I purchased a year subscription to Armor. The app accepted my PayPal but then froze, several times. Now I have an order number listed in PayPal dated 9/25/2020, but it is still "pending." In the app and PC logon to the router it shows Armor as "expired."

How do I resolve this? Cancel through PayPal and start over?

Thanks,

Don

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
ChristineT
Admin

Re: Can't Finish Armor Purchase

Hello @DonMcC ,

We'd love to hear more about the current status of your paypal transaction. Were you able to get this issue resolved? If not, please reply and I'll investigate this issue further.

Thank you kindly,

Christine 

Message 2 of 9
DonMcC
Aspirant

Still no responce here or from my email directly to Netgear. Will check with PayPay to delete transaction.

Don

Message 3 of 9
DonMcC
Aspirant

I feel like I am in a "catch-22." Because it is pending in PayPal, I can't get it deleted. But, I would rather have the service. This rules out cancelling PayPal and reordering. It should not be that hard to order from the IOS app.

In my email to Netgear (orders(at)netgear.com) on 9/25 I submitted the invoice ID.

Christine, ny help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

Message 4 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Don,

Thank you for confirming. May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number for me to check further.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 5 of 9
DonMcC
Aspirant

Finally PayPal timed out and the purchase along with the "pending" status went away. Tried again using PayPal ... nothing, like the screen just died. Same as before. Tried with a credit card and it went through.

Something is wrong with your PayPal acceptance. Also, good thing I have an iPad still running on IOS 12, my iPhone on IOS 14 will not go past the sign-in screen.

Great products, need to work on your IOS and PayPal implementation. 

I should have  been able to order Armor with PayPal on the latest Apple IOS and on any Mac or PC.

Hope you guys flush this out soon. Embarrasing in an otherwise superb product line.

Don

Message 6 of 9
ravin63749
Aspirant

Re: Can't Finish Armor Purchase using paypal

I couldn't complete the purchase of armor security through my nighthawk app.  I tried many times.  Would only accept credit card.  If this is the case, why have paypal option there?  definite flaw in this order process.(Just got off the phone with tech support regarding this issue.  By the time I got connected I gave in and used my credit card.  Speaking with tech support, I was told that it wouldn't work with paypal because they need my credit card number.) I contacted chat support at least 4 different times before calling and kept getting disconnected.

Message 7 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ravin63749, 

Welcome to the community! May you send me a private message with your email address and case number(s). I'd like to look into this further for you. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 8 of 9
KatyMacadamia
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem trying to purchase Armor protection.  I have tried this on both my iPhone and iPad.  I submit my PayPal credentials which are accepted but then the App fails to do anything other than show a progress circle... endlessly circling...

Please could someone help me?  

Thank you,

Katy

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7