Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I disable/delete Netgear Armour

goddss6
Follower

How do I disable/delete Netgear Armour

I accepted the trial of Netgear Armour and have been trying for a month to turn this crap off.  I do not want it.  It says that I have 45 days left... My phone dings that there is security threat everytime I enter a new website on my laptop.  It's currently notifying me as we speak about this site.   

Please help me get rid of it!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 22
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Re: How do I disable/delete Netgear Armour

Hi @goddss6 

Use the Orbi app on your phone, [Settings][Security] and disable it. As far as I understand it, you cannot completely remove the Armor capability from the router. The only way you could do that is to do a factory reset; but that won't do much because Armor will be right back as soon as you update the Orbi software to the latest version. But as long is you do not activate it with the Orbi app, I believe that Armor will be innocuous (I think! Smiley Frustrated)

Message 2 of 22
CoGizmo
Initiate

I made a serious mistake clicking on the Netgear Armoursecurity function.  How can I uninstall it completely. I really don't want to sacrifice that much bandwidth until late December. Now questioning my purchase.   Help!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 22
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @CoGizmo, we'd like to help out. To confirm, you're experiencing slow Internet speeds when Armor is enabled, correct? If so, does disabling Armor get your speeds back to how they should be? You can check the link below for the steps on how to disable Armor.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

Dexter

Message 4 of 22
GavinD72
Aspirant

Hi,

every time I try to go to Home / Settings / Security I get a message saying checking netgeat armour status and then I'm redirected to purchase a subscription, I can't remove it!!

this software is driving me mad and making my HP printer waste paper every day and beep about every 15 minutes

why has my router been hijacked and I can't access the setting without paying 69.99

please help, I don't want to have to factory reset the router and 3 satellites 

thanks 

Message 5 of 22
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @GavinD72, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 6 of 22
Tunnu
Initiate

Hi,

How can I delete expired ARMOR from my router it is bringing all short of problem? My internet just goes offline at that time I ave only option to restart the router to make internet working. I tried to click on security icon on the APP but it alwase forward to different site to buy the yearly subscription. This is so frustrating please help.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 22
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @Tunnu . If you properly disabled Armor from your mobile device, then it shouldn't be intefering with anything. If you go to your router Web page, and navigate to [Advanced Tab] 

[Advanced Setup] [Wireless Settings], see if Daisy-Chain-Topology is enabled under the Backhaul Toplogy section. This should be enabled ONLY if you have more than one satellite paired to your router. If you only have one satellite, please remove the checkmark to disable it and reboot your router. Hope this works. Have a good one.

Message 8 of 22
Tunnu
Initiate

Hi @Orbi-Roc, I tried your recomendattion but still it does not help me. I am still getting my internet going offline. I tried different router and it is working fine, so it is issue with the Netgear Orbi router or ARMOR software. Any help is appreciated.

Message 9 of 22
Drugsbyjoe
Initiate

I have the same problem: Settings----->Security------> then renewal product page. No option to toggle off. 

Message 10 of 22
bheavican
Initiate

RBR20 Current version V2.3.5.26

Appears that Armor is blocking some websites (drive.google.com) even though the subscription is expired.  Can't disable it.  The Security button in the mobile app takes me to the Armor website to renew.  How do I disable it?  

Message 11 of 22
syf
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem.  Everytime I go to the security page, I am redirected  to purchase a subscription, I can't do anything. 

This has hijacked my network.  I am unable to go to valid sites and it is preventing me from updating software from legit sites.  It is also preventing my children from doing their distance learning - School Work!

PLEASE HELP me remove this software from my network so my kids can continue their schooling at home!!!!!!

Message 12 of 22
berkh1dj
Initiate

Please post this solution public.  Not many want to pay for a subscription after buying a router.

Message 13 of 22
Bill_160
Tutor

I was having the same problem with the nighthawk armor program. I didn’t even activate it. It’s doing checks without ever getting enabled! I don’t know were they get the right to install it without consent. If people wanted it they would buy a router with it. I’ve had nothing but problems with this router since day one! Fortunately I had a old firmware version and I reflashed it to get rid of it. The router is still junk. I wish I could return it! It’s a real Lemmon!
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 14 of 22
syf
Tutor
Tutor

Below is the solution I received from Netgear and it worked.

I did a soft reset and it worked.  After the Reset, It immediately asked if I wanted to install Netgear Armor, I put NO and it now my router is not blocking any sites.

Good Luck!

Solution provided by Netgear:

Thank you for those screenshots. Base on it, Armor was already expired and after the trial it should automatically disable. However, if you experience blocking websites in your network or unable to update Apple iphone OS and/or unable to access several websites. We could also try to reset the router and then set it up.

We can either do a hard reset or a soft reset whichever you prefer.
1. Hard reset.
https://kb.netgear.com/9665/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-NETGEAR-router

2. Soft reset.
a. Go to routerlogin.net
b. Advanced > Administration > Backup settings
c. Click "Erase", to revert the settings to default.

After the unit reboot, just set it up either going to routerlogin.net or using the Nighthawk App.

Message 15 of 22
Bill_160
Tutor

How’s that going to help if you erase it? If you do a restore to get your settings back won’t you get the armor program back?
Message 16 of 22
Sbak
Aspirant

I was able to disable the Netgear Armour by simply going to the app on my Iphone. Once you open the app go to 'settings' and choose security. There is a slide there, I simply moved it to off. The Armour was messing with my wife's internet use when she was trying to work from home; ironic because she works in the financial sector and they have some of the highest encripted security, yet the Armour was trying to kick her out. It created more issues than it solved.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 17 of 22
bbally
Aspirant

Is there a crapware cleaner that gets rid of this Armor Bulllshiiiet?   I am about to toss the entire pile of Orbi crap into a dumpster.   Work greatvright up til this crap downloaded!

Phucking absolute horsecrap!

@Horsecrap

Message 18 of 22
bbally
Aspirant

Haha not true , the morons at netgear released a phucking ransomward on us.   

Message 19 of 22
ChrisSpeakman
Aspirant

That worked thanks 🙏 I don't trust security software that reports other security software 🧐

Message 20 of 22
VaqueroPhotogra
Initiate

I was so aggravated when Armor activated only because I did a soft reset to the router.  I was frustrated and did not want it in the first place.

Steps to get rid of this ridiculous Armor was tuff enough I searched my answer out.

Using the NetGear Nighthawk app open it.

Then in the upper left corner of the app there is a little house icon, click to open that 

Next select Settings

Next select Security

Next slide the slider to off for Armor

Your are all done

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 21 of 22
horustx
Aspirant

I was able to disable it from my phone app, but it doesn't seem there is an option to do it from the router web page.

My router is new (bought it yesterday).

Armor got activated without my consent - I just got an email welcoming me.

If it comes back or causes me any issues, I will not do any factory resets. If it (Armor) ever interrupts my work and/or cause me financial damage, Netgear won't be happy.

Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7